Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Sunday, when we returned to Madison after our Thanksgiving visit to Door County, Joe and I spent the afternoon putting up the Christmas decorations. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of weeks now; but have been holding back since I didn't want to jump holidays (you know, like skipping Thanksgiving decorations and going straight to Xmas, Target style).

Our tree...


Reindeer/snowflake felt garland, purchased at a little shop in Egg Harbor, WI this weekend...


Stockings, all hung by the TV with care...


And, the star performer, the coffee table!


I'm not sure if the photo shows this very well, but I used three green, woven placemats (wedding gift), a couple of glass vases that we purchased for our centerpieces at our rehearsal dinner, and a whole bunch of red and gold ball ornaments that we bought a couple of years ago.  The center hurricane was purchased last week at Marshalls for $5 and a subtle vanilla scented pillar candle for $6.  I'm imagining changing out the ornaments for something different depending on the season, but using this piece year round.  In total, I've spent under $20 to jazz up our holiday decor.  Not bad, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment