Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Slow cooker, to the rescue!

I knew when I woke up this morning that it would be a busy evening. Joe and I each had a couple of errands to run after work, Joe has a volleyball game, and I needed to whip something up for a book club meeting tomorrow. Little time would be available to make dinner. So...

SLOW COOKER, TO THE RESCUE!

Chicken with mixed dried fruit

1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts, frozen solid (just kidding, this isn't a requirement, but mine were a brick!)
a couple of leeks, sliced (could chop a medium onion, if you wanted)
a couple of handfuls of dried fruit (I used raisins and dried apricots, which I roughly chopped)
a couple of shakes of ground ginger (or fresh, if you want)
a couple of shakes of cinnamon
a couple of shakes of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
a spoonful of honey
about 2 c. water

Throw it all in.  Turn on the slow cooker to low. Cook for 9 hours.

When you get home, throw some rice on the stove, then eat in 15 minutes with minimal effort!

How's that, MBA students?

No comments:

Post a Comment