Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving decor

I generally place my decorating efforts/budget on Christmas, and this year is no exception. However, I wanted to be a little festive with the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, so I created this centerpiece for our living room coffee table. I love the way this table accepts pretty much anything as far as decor goes, so things get switched out frequently.






I used a favorite wood platter (wedding gift from Al), some fake autumn leaves from a few years back, some dried chinese lantern flowers that I had laying around from the farmer's market, along with several varieties of squash (also from this fabulous market) to create a festive, natural decorative element.



This is a little glimpse into the work I've been doing this week. These are the non-fridge, non-pre-cooked  groceries that we'll be taking with us to Door County tomorrow, lining my insufferable hallway. Joe and I wish all of you a safe and smooth Travelgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment