Saturday, May 22, 2010

Farmer's Market loot

Joe and I started our Saturday by heading to the Torrance farmer's market. These markets are one of my favorite things about living in California. We found lots of late spring, early summer produce.


Seen above, from left to right: four-berry lemonade, grapefruit, lemons, asparagus, cherries, white peaches, basil, parsley, preserved goat cheese, green pepper, strawberries, eggplant, tulips, and tomatoes.


This eggplant was as excited to see us as we were to see it (him?). Yes, that appendage is why we selected this particular eggplant ;)

Cherries always remind me of my Michigan roots



Tulips do, too :) I remember walking around the University of Michigan campus in early spring and noticing these brave flowers coming up. They always made me feel so optimistic that spring and summer were really arriving (even though more often than not, they would be soon covered in a few inches of late snow...)

1 comment: