Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Le Creuset

Braiser, 3 ½ qt.


As promised, I am here to update you on what is happening with my Le Creuset braiser.

When I bought the thing, I was told that Le Creuset has an amazing customer service system.  Thought I'd never need it (considering they guarantee these things for a lifetime, I figured that meant the products didn't self-destruct).  Turns out, I do need them, and, it turns out to be true!

I immediately emailed the customer service department (their hotline closes pretty early, I think at 4:30 EST).  I woke up to an email asking for a bit more information.  By the end of the day, I had instructions to ship the pan to Le Creuset and expect a replacement in 2-4 weeks.  Crisis averted, I think.

In the meantime, I have been busting out the old Emerilware skillet, which I don't think I've touched since I bought the Le Creuset.  Good thing I didn't get rid of it when we moved!  I am taking this as an opportunity to rediscover what the skillet can do.  I'm seeing it as a sign from the heavens that I need to expand my mind when it comes to my cooking utensils.  Sign taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment