Saturday, August 28, 2010

Madison Farmer's Market

In the midst of all of our organizing and unpacking, Joe and I decided to meet up with another couple from Joe's school for breakfast and a trip to the Madison Farmer's Market. This market is renowned in the Midwest, and is one that I visited with my family as a kid, usually on football game days when we came to visit Madison.  While I enjoyed it as a child, I can appreciate it much more as an adult.  The market boasts over 200 vendors, who display their produce and other products surrounding the entire Capitol Square.  The venue is fantastic, and the produce is just as good!

Here is a list of the goodies we picked up today:
Spun honey
basil
scallions
Chinese lanterns
raspberries
cilantro
cantaloupe
tomatoes (for salsa)
maple syrup
pepper jelly
popcorn
tomatoes (heirloom)
Eggplant
Zucchini
Summer Squash

I think we will be busy cooking this week :)

I will be posting about some of our delicious creations this week (at least that's the plan...). Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment