Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting settled, for real this time!

Hello, friends! I apologize for being away through this exciting time as we get moved in and settled. My mom, Joe, and I have been hard at work CLEANING (the place was pretty filthy when we got it - windows and window sills were the worst!), PAINTING (Benjamin Moore's Sail Cloth in the bedroom, Behr's Ice Folly in the kitchen and hallway, Behr's Rhythmic Blue in the living room, and Behr's Porpoise in the bathroom), and ORGANIZING our excessive amount of stuff. I will post about each room with photos when they become presentable. I'm sure there will be many little projects around the place, but we are looking forward to feeling settled and organized.

In other news, Joe began orientation last Wednesday. He has been working hard at getting to know his classmates and preparing for the endeavor ahead. I've been participating as much as I can (there have been a few events to which I've been invited), and looking forward to getting to know other spouses and significant others. So far, everyone seems great - very warm and friendly. I'm continuing to look for a job, and had an interview last week that went really well. I've got another one this afternoon, so let's hope for the best!

1 comment: