Saturday, January 8, 2011

One week with Bacon

Today is our one-week anniversary of bringing home our Bacon.  It flew by!

Let me just say, a puppy is a lot of work. No joke.  They need constant attention (when they are awake), and need to be taken outside around 15 times a day (including a couple in the middle of the night). Thankfully, Joe and I have been pretty much devoted to teaching him and taking care of him all week.  Mainly, it's been Joe, since he's on his winter break until mid-January.

A few things Bacon has learned:
1.  I love laps.  Laps are the best. Especially for sleeping.
2.  I'm supposed to go potty outside.
3.  Although I know about this potty outside thing, I dread going out because it's so darned cold
4.  I love my crate.  Usually.  Laps are better, though.
5.  I can let my mommy and daddy have a quiet dinner (I stay in my crate and I don't cry)
6.  The vet is not so bad.  Plus, my vet thinks I'm really cute. Which is true.
7.  If I sneak under the couch, I can escape the area that my mommy and daddy set up for me.  It is kind of fun to escape and check out the other areas of the apartment, because I know my mommy and daddy will keep me safe and make sure I don't get into anything dangerous.

Bacon is working on a couple of other lessons:
1. If I ring the little bell in my area, my mommy or daddy takes me outside.
2. My mommy and daddy like it when I sleep for a long time at night (like four or five hours at a time!). It seems like they want longer, but I have to pee soooo bad!
3. It's OK to play bite really gently. I'm still learning the "really gently" part, but I'm getting there.
4. I eat when my mommy and daddy tell me to.  It seems to be on some sort of schedule, but I don't have it memorized yet.
5. My mommy and daddy are the "big dogs" here. I'm the littlest. Sometimes, I try to be in charge, but then, they remind me that they are the "pack leaders" and I am supposed to be submissive. That's OK with me, because then I don't have to worry about setting rules and keeping everyone safe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment