Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Settling in, kind of

After a couple of days that were heavy on the driving, we made it to Columbus last Friday. We've been settling in to our temporary space and relaxing, enjoying living with mom and dad and letting them take care of most of the daily chores ;) We are also adjusting to the weather, which has been alternately hot and muggy, then stormy and dreary.... Where is the 74* weather with the lovely ocean breeze to which we are accustomed??

I spent the day yesterday completing my application for taking the License in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) exam and ordering test prep materials, which will occupy my time for awhile while I am here. Joe started his internship today, so I am looking forward to hearing how things went.

I was thinking of heading to the Pearl Street farmer's market today to compare my beloved Torrance market to that of Ohio in summertime. However, it is looking a little dreary outside again today, Joe has the car, and Mom is off doing what she does. I will have to decide if biking is worth the risk...

2 comments:

  1. It ended up POURING, so I did not make it out. Went another day, and I must say the market did not compare to any I attended in SoCal :(

    ReplyDelete