Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cure my hallway: New hall table

In an effort to cure my long, bare hallway, I addressed a couple of issues: created a designated "landing strip" for thing like keys and sunglasses, as well as improved the little "jog" in the hall.  I purchased a console table (with a %25 off coupon) from none other than World Market, my source for affordable, rich looking, solid wood furniture.


Photo credit: World Market


The table works perfectly because of the curved shape (less likely to graze the corner with a hip or something). I feel like the curve is easier to walk around than a rectangle table, so it works nicely with the narrow hallway.  Also, it's the only one I found, through some pretty extensive searching, that is just 12.5" deep.  Again, works well with the 39" hallway.

TA DA!



To give you an idea of how it works in the little "jog"


I used several accessories that were already on hand, such as the candle stick, gerbera daisy plant, and bowl of stones (we try to have friends write their names on a stone when they come to our house, although I think we're out of blanks at the moment). We also have a wooden bread server that, for a long time, has served as a catch-all spot for random pens, coupons, tape measures... This has found a new home on the shelf of the console. I bought a new candle, a li'l arty thing, and a really pretty ceramic bowl that will catch our keys and sunglasses.

Plan is to add some more art and possibly remove the full length mirror from the wall across the hall from the table... I have to convince the husband that this is a good idea, and that there is somewhere else better suited for the mirror.  We'll see.





P.S. Please keep the Ypma family in thought and prayers this week. Joe's grandmother passed away today. He and I will be making the trip to Michigan tomorrow and Thursday, respectively. 

1 comment:

  1. I heard! so sorry for your loss...
    ps.. can you fly home and furnish/decorate our place?

    ReplyDelete